Website Move


IMPORTANT NOTICE

I have changed website hosts, please visit www.sammyborras.co.uk for up to date information. Thank you.

Tuesday 6 October 2015

Autumn Anthologies




 Identity - Preorders Available!

Identity is a anthology published by One Beat Zines. Profits will be going to The Albert Kennedy Trust and The Feminist Library . There are 33 contributors and 80+ full colour pages! - you can see great previews and read more about it here. The book will be launching at Thought Bubble (New Dock Hall) this year - but a bit like a kickstarter - preorders are helpful for covering initial print costs.



Afrofutures_UK Anthology

Afrofutures_UK is an event being held in Manchester THIS WEEKEND - 10th October! It sounds absolutely fantastic and I’m sad I wont be able to attend. I think it’s all free entry! I’ve just spotted a zine making workshop on the schedule!! The anthology looks like it was a crowd funding reward and I’m not certain if it will be available as a physical book at the event. I’ll try to let you know if I find out more about either pdf or print publication.


Hallowzine

Jack Hugh Baker has compiled a full colour Halloween themed zine - one of my favourite things about Halloween is that everything is purple, orange and lime green. I don’t have all the full details of the other contributors at the moment, but the odd submission I’ve seen so far were all great! - you can see the cover artwork here. I have ordered a small amount of copies and hopefully I will have them on my table at London MCM Comic Con (Comic Village).


Radio On Broadcast 2

As far as I know Radio On Broadcast 2 will also be launching* at Thought Bubble (TB Marquee). It’s a music anthology published by The Analogue Press. My submission features one of my favourite bands to come from the midlands, Peace but also Beyonce.

*EDIT: Broadcast 2 will be launched at LICAF next weekend. - The Analogue Press have a table in the Comics Clocktower.

No comments:

Post a Comment